The Latest in COVID-19
Dear Valued Partner,
The pandemic caused by COVID-19 has become a global crisis of unknown effects and length. From the beginning, we have made decisions aimed at protecting our clients and employees by activating the necessary protocols in hotels. Unfortunately, the official restriction on the movement of people compels us, at this time, to temporarily suspend certain hotel activity in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Brazil.
To better adjust to the current situation, we have adapted our booking policies. Please see below the most updated information:
Click here to see destination and resort updates.
Click here for resort operational updates.
CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
Guests who book through a tour operator or online travel agency are advised to contact their booking provider for information on the policies they are applying.
Updated April 16, 2020
INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS (FIT):
1. For reservations traveling through May 31st, 2020, cancellations and no shows penalties will be waived.
2. For reservations booked by May 31st, 2020, and traveling from June 1st to December 21st, 2020:
● 24 hr + before arrival - no penalty.
● within 24hrs will result in a 1 night penalty.
Changes & Rebooking:
For rebooking of confirmed reservations, travelling from now until October 31st, 2021, proceed as follows:
1. Cancel & Rebook the original booking.
2. Rate available at the moment of processing the booking will be applied.
GROUPS (MICE, Weddings, Leisure):
1. For all booked Groups traveling through May 31st, 2020:
● 72 hr + before arrival - no penalty.
● within 72hrs will result in a 1 night penalty.
2. For all booked Groups travelling from June 1st, 2020 on, will be handled on a case by case basis. Please contact the Groups Department for the selected Destination / Hotel.
Changes & Rebooking
1. Booked Groups traveling during hotel closures have the option to rebook or cancel for a full refund.
● Change of Date - same hotel:
■ Groups may rebook for new dates within a year of original contracted dates, and the same rate will be honored (blackout dates apply).
■ Any deposits or payments already received will be applied towards the future dates including relocations to other Iberostar AME Destination / Hotel.
● Change of Hotel:
■ If the original hotel is not available, the Group can change to another property within the same hotel category with no additional fee. Any price difference due to change of hotel category will be the responsibility of the group.
2. Booked Groups that require modifications, and travelling from June 1st, 2020 on, will be handled on a case by case basis. Please contact the Groups Department for the selected Destination / Hotel.
Due to the current situation and the response from the government and health authorities, these policies are constantly developing. Please note that the content of this page is subject to change over time.
Official External Resources